|Personal Web Page:||http://mingfan.weebly.com/|
|Research Name:||Real-time multi-core scheduling with power, thermal and reliability awareness|
|Abstract Research:||Ming’s research interests focus on real-time computing systems, in particular, the scheduling problem for real-time applications on multi-core platform. He also incorporates the reliability and fault-tolerance constraints into the real-time system design. Another interest of his research is the power/thermal aware system design. He has developed some fundamental solutions on power/energy and temperature formulations and calculations for both 2-dimension (2D) and 3-dimension (3D) processing chip architectures. Research Slides|
|Publications:||1. M. Fan and G. Quan, “Harmonic-Aware Multi-Core Scheduling For Fixed-Priority Real-Time Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2013. (accepted)
2. H. Huang, M. Fan and G. Quan, “Leakage and Temperature Aware Energy Minimization Scheduling for Hard Real-Time Systems”, Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems, 2013. (under review)
3. M. Fan, V. Chaturvedi and G. Quan, “An Analytical Solution For Multi-core Energy Calculation With Consideration Of Leakage And Temperature Consideration”, International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), 2013. (submitted)
4. M. Fan, V. Chaturvedi, S. Sha and G. Quan, “Thermal-Aware Real-Time Scheduling on Multi-Core Platforms”, International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis (CODES+ISSS), 2013. (submitted)
5. M. Fan, V. Chaturvedi, S. Sha and G. Quan, “Feasibility Analysis for Temperature Constrained Real-Time Scheduling on Multi-Core Platforms”, IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC) Wip session, 2013. (accepted)
6. G. Liu, M. Fan, G. Quan and M.K. Qiu, “On-Line Predictive Thermal Management under Peak Temperature Constraints for Practical Multi-core Platforms”, Journal of Low Power Electronics, pp. 565-578, 2012.
7. M. Fan, V. Chaturvedi, S. Sha and G. Quan, “Thermal-Aware Energy Minimization for Real-Time Scheduling on Multi-core Systems”, IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, Work-In-Progress (RTSS-Wip), 2012.
8. M. Fan and G. Quan , “Harmonic Semi-Partitioned Scheduling For Fixed-Priority Real-Time Tasks On Multi-Core Platform”, IEEE/ACM Design, Automation & Test in Europe (DATE), pp. 503-508, 2012
9. G. Liu, M. Fan and G. Quan, “Neighbor-Aware Dynamic Thermal Management for Multi-core Platform”, IEEE/ACM Design, Automation & Test in Europe (DATE), pp. 187-192, 2012
10. H. Huang, M. Fan and G. Quan, “On-Line Leakage-Aware Energy Minimization Scheduling for Hard Real-Time Systems”, IEEE Asia and South Paci_c Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC), pp. 677-682, 2012
11. M. Fan and G. Quan, “Harmonic-Fit Partitioned Scheduling For Fixed-Priority Real-Time Tasks On the Multiprocessor Platform”, IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC), pp. 27-32, 2011